Trademarksinn.com:We are Trademark Renewal in Bangalore University
Trademark Renewal mean extend the term period of trade mark registration by filing TM-12 with the prescribed fee. We renew the trade mark from time to time for an unlimited time period. Trade Mark renewal term is for a period of 10 years.
A trademark can be renewed in India and other countries from time to time for an unlimited period on payment of the renewal fees, failing which the mark becomes liable to be removed from the Register of trademarks. Each renewal term is for a period of 10 years.
Even if you've forgotten, as even large organisations tend to do, you will be sent a notice to the registered address regarding the expiry before the 6 months is up. If you still do not file for renewal, the Registrar may advertise its intention to remove the trademark in the Trade Marks Journal. This is, however, likely to happen only 12 months after the expiry date. Between 6 and 12 months after expiry, trademark registration can be renewed on payment of a fine through a process called restoration.
Advantages of Trademark Renewal
1. Legal Protection
2. Business Opportunity
3. Unique Identity
Trade Mark Renewal can be in two ways:
1. One can apply renewal to change in any sign or words in the existing trade mark; or
2. One can apply renewal without any change.
Process and Renewal Forms:
1. Application of renewal shall be made in form TM-12
2. Application shall be made by either registered owner of the trade mark or his authorised agent.
For filing application of renewal of Trademark following documents are required:
1. Copy of Registration Certificate
2. Power of Attorney
3. ID & Address Proof of the Applicant.
4. Copy of TM-1